Thursday, August 19, 2010

Diary of a Wimpy Kid
by Jeff Kinney


Diary of a Wimpy Kid, written by Jeff Kinney, is a realistic fiction about a kid who is going through middle school. I chose to read this book because a friend told me about it. It was a very strange but very good book. In the story Greg gets bullied a lot. I have had a similar experience.
Yes, it is true that there is conflict, and there is a lot of conflict, I.e. Greg VS. Rowley, Greg VS. Rodrick, Rodrick VS. his mom, etc. Some of the conflict is related to friendship. This story is crazy, realistic, and very humorous. Sometimes it is serious too. I have read other books similar to this. For example; the other three books in this series. Beginning on November 26, 2010, a fifth book will come out.
The book was written like a diary. It has dates and pictures throughout. I didn’t mind the way it was written. I like how the title of the book is put into perspective. When they called it “Diary” of a Wimpy kid they really made it into a diary published on notebook paper.

1 comment: